Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar Turbo
- Model: 4JH2-TE
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 62hp
- Engine Hours: 1498
1035 Riverside Drive
Palmetto, Florida, US, 34221
Tel:941-776-0616 or 941-704-4698
Vessel History and Owner’s Comments
“Sheer Pleasure was first owned by a friend of ours who sailed her out of St Petersburg and kept her at the Harborage Marina in 1992.
Sheer Pleasure became ours in 2002. We wanted a boat that we could utilize for coastal cruising and that would be both safe and perform well under sail. Before we agreed to buy her, we were convinced on both counts. The Island Packet quality of construction and the sail plan combined with the eye pleasing sheer line of the 44 convinced us that this was a classic we wanted.
Because of our work schedule and the fact that we lived in Atlanta we moved Sheer Pleasure to Lake Lanier in 2004 and sailed her there for three years.
In 2007, we relocated our adventures to the east coast and sailed out of Hilton Head SC. From our marina there, we spent time each month visiting the quiet Georgia’s coast as well as the ports of Charleston, Savannah and St Augustine. A trip to the Chesapeake took us a year and a half to make but it included a stop each month in a new port with new scenery. Sheer Pleasure performed well both sailing off the coast in changing weather patterns and on the intercostal when we needed that shelter as well.
Last summer and fall we made our way south and west to see the east coast of Florida and to see Key West and the Florida Keys. This spring we have brought ourselves back to St Petersburg and the Harborage Marina.
Our weekends, our friends, our weeks exploring the coasts of our country have been made possible, safe and exciting because of the yacht we chose. Sheer Pleasure has much more to give to the right owners.”
Accommodations The Island Packet 44 is laid out very comfortably for two couples with heads adjoining the staterooms to optimize privacy. Beginning forward, the forward stateroom has a nice double pullman berth to starboard. There are teak shelves outboard of the berth, stowage lockers and cedar lined drawers underneath. The forward stateroom also features a large cedar lined hanging locker with interior shelf, teak bureau with mirrored vanity and upholstered seat. The adjoining head has a separate shower area, teak seat, large wrap around vanity with s/s sink, Vacu-Flush toilet, hot/cold pressure water, unbreakable mirror, and lots of storage. Next aft is the main salon which features two comfortable captain's chairs to port with settee to starboard. The captain’s chairs are separated by a fold-up table for games or snacks. This area also provides access to the ship’s entertainment center controls. To starboard is a full size L-shaped settee which converts to a double berth for guests. Island Packet's signature drop down dining table is also to starboard. A very nice nav station is next aft to starboard and includes a full wrap-around work area, large chart table, chart storage tray, drawer, nav light, generous cabinets, master electrical panels, book rack, storage bin, and upholstered seat with stowage under. There is also a ventilated wet locker which drains to the bilge. Both the wet locker and nav station have been neatly fitted into this layout. Next aft to starboard is the galley, a roomy and comfortable nook for the cook while underway and convenient for food delivery to the hungry crew in the cockpit. To port is the aft head which features small bathtub/stall shower and Vacu-Flush toilet. There is a folding teak seat, large wrap around vanity with s/s sink, hot/cold pressure water, unbreakable mirror, and ample storage. Continuing aft to port is the aft stateroom with a large and comfortable berth, full length teak shelf outboard, stowage lockers under, dressing seat, a generous cedar lined hanging locker, and bureau with shelf over.
- 16 Opening Ports (all with screens & shades) Note: 14 portlights have new (2013) safety glass, crystal clear
- 8 Deck Hatches with Sunbrella covers and interior insect screens
- Companionway insect screen
- Molded slip resistant cabin sole in heads and galley
- 3 Dorades w/screens (currently stored)
- 3 Solar Vents
- Removable Teak Companionway Steps for Engine Access
Spacious wrap-around design with large storage cabinets and drawers, premium solid color-core laminate surfaces, premium Corian granite pattern trim and sea rails on all edges.
- Frigoboat Refrigerator (water cooled)
- Frigoboat Freezer (water cooled)
- Digital Controls for Refrigerator/Freezer w/LED Display
- Gimballed 3-burner Princess LPG Stove/Oven
- Cutting Board Cover on Stove
- (2) 10lb. Aluminum Propane Tanks
- Double Stainless Steel Sinks
- Hot/Cold Pressure Water
- Manual Water Pump at Sink
- Water Heater, Attwood 10.5 gal. (New 2013)
- Hidden roll-out Trash Bin
- Deluxe Teak Dish Rack and Cutlery Drawers
Your comfort on Sheer Pleasure is assured with three (3) air conditioning units. The main salon and galley are kept comfortable with a Mermaid 16,000 Btu Reverse Cycle (AC & Heat) unit, the forward berth is cooled by a Marine Air 7,000 Btu unit, and an almost new Cruisair 6,000 Btu is dedicated to the aft berth. In cooler weather, engine heat is diverted to the main salon to keep it cozy and warm.
- Yanmar 62hp Turbo Diesel, ONLY 1498 hours
- Remote fuel gauge and Racor gauge at engine panel
- Reverso oil change system
- FireBoy Halon Fire Control System in Engine Compartment
- Fireboy Xintex CO2 Detector in aft berth
- Northern Lights 5KW Generator, 332 hours, 60Hz, 1800 RPM
- (3) A/C Units (see above for details)
- Vestus Bow Thruster
- Freedom 20 2000 Watt Inverter/100amp Battery Charger
- Balmar 100amp High Output Alternator w/Balmar MC-612 regulator
- Xantrex Link 2000 Control Panel/Battery Monitor
- CDM Systems BT3000 Battery Capacity Manager
- Air Express Wind Generator with controls at nav station
- (2) 8D 200AH Batteries as House Bank (2014)
- West Marine Group 24 Generator Start Battery
- Optima D34M Engine Start Battery
- (2) Marinco 50' 30amp shore power cables w/Sunbrella covers
- New Prop Shaft (2016)
- New Cutlass Bearing (2017)
- MaxProp 3-blade Feathering Prop
- Newer Thru-hulls throughout vessel
- (2) Bilge Pumps (Second bilge pump installed 2013)
- Air Express Wind Generator with Blue Sea monitor at Nav Station
- (4) Guest 12-V Fans
- Racor Fuel Filter
- Remote water tank gauge at Nav Station
- Vacu Flush Heads
- Furuno Navnet RPU-015 Radar w/Chartplotter Display (Navnet VX2) at helm, repeating on Compaq monitor and full control panel at Nav Station
- B&G Network Data Multi-Function (speed, depth, wind, etc.) at Helm
- B&G GPS Plus at Helm
- Simrad AP24 Autopilot Control Head at Helm
- ICOM IC-M604 VHF Radio at Nav Station
- ICOM RAM Mic for VHF at Helm
- B&B GPS repeater at Nav Station
- B&G Network Depth in cockpit by companionway
- Furuno FI-50 Wind Instrument in cockpit by companionway
- B&G Network Speed in cockpit by companionway
- B&G Network Data Multi-Function Instrument at Nav Station.
- B&G Network GPS Plus at Nav Station
- ACR ResQLink EPIRB
- Ritchie Compass at Helm
- Toshiba TV w/Masthead Antenna
- Sony Marine CDX-M30 Stereo System w/speakers in main salon, forward stateroom, cockpit
The varnished brightwork is beautiful, and stays beautiful with Custom Sunbrella Covers for all exterior brightwork.
Sunbrella covers also on all hatches, winches, anchor windlass, dodger windshield, companionway, and helm station.
All canvas and sails were done near the end of (2013).
14 portlight lenses were foggy and have been replaced with new safety glass (2013).
The Dodger and Bimini are almost like new and in excellent condition. Textilene panels complete a Full Enclosure of the cockpit.
- Delta FastSet 65# Anchor on 200’ 5/16” chain & rode
- Danforth-type MT-20 Anchor on 30’ 5/16” chain & 200’ of rode
- Simpson-Lawrence Electric Anchor Windlass (Remote Control at Helm)
- Chain Stoppers
- Anchor Wash Down (raw water) at bow
- KATO Dinghy Davits
- Bimini and Full Enclosed Dodger w/Textilene Panels
- Island Packet Logo Teak Cockpit Table
- Cockpit Cushions (4 pc)
- Helm Seat Cushion & Backrest (removable)
- Cockpit Shower
- Mooring Lines
- Handrail Covers
- Cockpit Coaming Covers
- Helm Cover
It is rare to find an Island Packet of this vintage with an In-Mast Furling Mainsail. (Now, every new Island Packet has an in-mast furling mainsail.) You get a classic Island Packet with the modern-day convenience of in-mast furling!
Newer (2013) sails by Quantum, including Mainsail, Staysail and Genoa
(From Quantum’s invoice” “Quantum’s CrossCut Cruising Sails are designed using Quantum’s iQ suite of computational tools, constructed from Performance Cruise woven polyester. Cross Cut panels are laser cut, and assembled with oversize tear-drop shaped corner and reef patches, wide seams with triple throw stitching, extra layering and extensive reinforcement of high load areas throughout, with multiple webbing straps, stainless steel rings at tack, clew and reefs.”)
- Quantum In-Mast Furling Mainsail (2013)
- Quantum Staysail (2013) on Harken roller furling
- Quantum 130% Genoa (2013) on Harken roller furling
- Whisker Pole
- Boom Brake
- MaxProp 3-blade Feathering Prop
“Sheer Pleasure” is a rare find. Clean, well maintained, low hours, updated electronics, and everything is neat and tidy. I don’t believe you will find a better IP in this size/price range. See this one before you buy. She just might be the boat of your dreams.
2016 Survey available on request.
Owner's personal items not listed here are not a part of the sale. Details of this vessel are offered in good faith but we cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. While efforts are made to keep this listing up to date, information provided at the time of listing is subject to change if the vessel is on the market for an extended time. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
SHOWINGS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Listed by a "Certified Professional Yacht Broker"
Brokers outside Florida call for complete details on co-brokerage.