Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Ford
- Model: Lehman 4 cylinder
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 80hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Bronze
- Year: 1972
- Engine Location: Center
1035 Riverside Drive
Palmetto, Florida, US, 34221
This layout is called a 2 Cabin Center Cockpit Walkover. There are two companionways, one aft to the private cabin which has twin bunks and port side bunk is convertible to double size, There is a large head with separate shower stall and lots of stowage available. Another head is situated forward.
The large comfortable V-Berth forward also has an abundance of stowage room. Moving aft on the port side is a fine navigation station and a large galley. Moving aft from V-Berth on the starboard side you will find a large storage cabinet and a booth style dinette.
THERE IS A LARGE, OPEN ENGINE ROOM UNDER THE COCKPIT ALLOWING EXCELLENT ACCESS TO THE ENGINE AND EQUIPMENT LOCATED THERE. IT CAN BE ENTERED FROM EITHER CABIN.
Canadian Venture is a fine example of this much loved center cockpit sloop rigged motorsailer. Despite her age she brings a smile to your face when you examine and see for yourself how loved and cared for she has been over the last 20 years. If you are just getting into the idea of cruising and are on a restricted budget, Canadian Venture may be the vessel for you. She is ready to take you on your first adventure.
With the aft cabin option, you will enjoy privacy aboard and have room to live and move about comfortably.
Whilst she is not known to be the quickest of sailing boats she is more than capable of cruising under engine at around 6 knots comfortably and maintaining 5 knots in a fair wind under sail. T
The Gulfstar 36 Center Cockpit Sloop Rigged Motorsailer is an ideal first boat or even the ideal vessel to own before purchasing a $100,000 + Trawler. This beautifully maintained example is ready to sail you away to paradise now. Draft unconfirmed at 3ft 6 in makes this an ideal vessel for Intracoastal explorations and Island hopping.
- 5# opening cabin port lights
- Stainless life rails all round,
- Stainless Antennae pole on rear deck
- Harken Roller Furling head sail
- Lewmar Barlow winches
- 3# sail inventory
- Spare shroud cables
- New Bimini top 2017
- 45 lb Plough anchor, 150' 3/8" chain
- 45 lb Bruce anchor w/ 30ft chain and 100ft of line
- Heavy duty fisherman's anchor (storm).
- All Bedding and Towels
- 80 hp Ford Lehman, diesel engine
- Racor filters
- Spare engine driven fuel pump
- Stewart fuel level gauge on main tank
- 15 US gallon raised diesel day tank
- Spare 12V electric fuel transfer pump
- Racor fuel filter installed between main and day tank
- 12V transfer pump
- Paragon transmission
- 18" x 18" 3-blade bronze propeller
- Fully re-furbished spare prop
- 3 jaw propeller puller
- Raw engine cooling
- Lubricating oil and transmission heat exchanger
- Spare main engine heat exchanger
- Speedseal raw water pump cover system w/ spare impellers
- Aqualarm exhaust high temperature alarm system
- 110V electric block heater system
- 150A alternator (spare rebuilt 150A alternator)
- Powerline battery isolators
- Newmar electronic noise filter
- Balmar ARS-5 solid state regulator
- 3# 12V gel-cell house batteries and isolation switch
- Single 12V combination engine start and windlass battery w/ isolation switches
- 2 Iota DLS series (1) 55A and (1) 30A power converter/charger units
- Xantrex Linklite monitoring system.
- Life jackets and 2# survival suits
- 4# portable fire extinguishers
- carbon monoxide and smoke detection systems
- emergency flares w/ pistol and smoke flares
- 2# bilge pumps
- Rule float high bilge alarm
- Whale gusher manual pump
- 110V electrical portable pump and hoses
- Emergency shroud cutter
- Hydraulic steering - air over hydraulic steering and Emergency Aluminum Tiller
- Trident Marine electric solenoid and propane leak detector sensor in galley
- Shurflow 12V deck wash pump,
- Wayne 110V submersible utility pump.
- Magma marine kettle BBQ,
- 3 Cafrano 12V cabin fans,
- 2# 110V fans,
- 2# Atomix clocks,
- 150ft tow line,
- various dock lines and sheets,
- detailed equipment manifest and manuals,
- extensive chart inventory,
- cruise guides and boat owners manuals,
- portable water and fuel containers,
- assorted fishing rods and equipment,
- 4# large fenders, new step ladder,
- 4-section collapsible boarding ladder,
- saw horses and planks for hull maintenance,
- extensive stainless inventory,
- spare plumbing supplies,
- galley appliances incl: toaster, mixer, coffee maker etc.,
- galley tableware,
- shade cloth cover for summer storage.
- 2 # 10lb, 2 # 5lb and 1 # spare BBQ propane tanks.
- Tender and 8 HP outboard in very good condition (available)
- Many spares and tools included with a good supply of varnish, sandpaper, brushes, waxes, cleaners etc....
Owner's personal items not listed here are not a part of the sale. Details of this vessel are offered in good faith but we cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. While efforts are made to keep this listing up to date, information provided at the time of listing is subject to change if the vessel is on the market for an extended time. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Brokers not licensed in FL contact office for details.
Please Contact: Rod Thomas e.mail: email@example.com trel: 941-266-6462