1985 - 38' Vagabond Westwind Cutter - "Eagles Wings"
- Year: 1985
- Current Price: SOLD
- Located: Longboat Key, FL
- Hull Material: Fiberglass
- Engine/Fuel Type: Single Diesel
- YW#: 75666-2300319
Offshore blue water sailing cruising used Vagabond sailboat. "Eagles Wings" is comfortable, heavily built with a moderate draft.
Vagabond Westwind Cutter
...for the weekend or around the world!
At This Price YOU should be Looking at this Boat!
If you are looking for a comfortable, heavily built, moderate draft cruising sailboat you should definitely experience "Eagles Wings". Sporting a cutaway forefoot, three quarter keel, and skeg hung rudder, she is more than capable for offshore blue water sailing.
Let us introduce you to "Eagles Wings" today!
- Builder: Vagabond
- Designer: George Stadel III
- LOA: 38'
- LWL: 33'
- Beam: 12'
- Displacement: 19200
- Draft: 4'11"
- Bridge Clearance: 55
- Ballast: 7500
- Engine(s): Yanmar Engine(s)
- HP: 30
- Engine Model: 3HM30F
- Hours: 966
- Fuel: 50
- Water: 80
- Holding: 25
The Westwind 38 sets a standard that is hard to meet. The interior, unlike many of her competition, is ideal for the weekend or the world. As you enter down the solid teak companionway ladder your first impression is an air of luxurious spaciousness.
The salon is warm & inviting with a good mix of hand varnished teak and practical white mica. To starboard, the softly curving settee wraps around the custom cocktail table (dining table has been removed). Teak lattice work lockers abound throughout providing extensive cruising storage space. Opposite to port is a large pullout berth and a functional nav station. Space is provided for chart storage and instrument installation. The electrical panel is built into the base of the nav station. The portside galley provides a well ventilated and efficient work space (see below).
Full forward is the private master stateroom with an offset queen berth, comfortable dressing seat in front of the mirrored vanity, three drawer bureau w/ cabinet under, large hanging locker, portside locker w/ shelf and shelves at the foot of the berth. The spacious tiled walk in head is accessible from either the salon or the master stateroom door and has hot/cold pressure water, shower, vanity with s/s sink, full length mirror and mirrored medicine cabinet. The private guest cabin is aft to starboard. It is light and airy with a large hanging locker, abundant drawer space and a full length dressing mirror. A nice touch is the guest vanity with mirror over. The vanity top when closed is a gorgeous teak dressing table which can be opened to reveal a s/s wash basin. Sound engineering is evident throughout from the strong, safe double spreader rig to the uncluttered deck layout. High bulwarks keep the boat dry and functional. The hand laid up hull and Airex cored deck provide tremendous rigidity and resiliency with excellent sound and thermal insulation. The spacious T-shaped cockpit provides a comfortable topside entertainment area with contoured seating with voluminous lazarette storage below.
- 12V fans in each compartment
- Brass barometer on salon bulkhead
- Halogen reading lights
- Beautiful hand varnished interior
- Exceptional teak & holly sole throughout
- Adler Barbour 12V refrigerator w/ freezer
- Eastham (2) burner propane stove w/ oven
- Double S/S sink
- (8) Lockers
- (3) Drawers
- Cutting board drawer
- Dry locker
- Under counter double locker
- Single lever faucet set
- Alpha Spectra Quadrant Drive Autopilot
- Garmin hand-held GPS
- Signet speed & distance
- Signet depth sounder
- Signet wind, speed & direction
- Raytheon 16mi. Radar
- Horizon VHF
- Auto Helm personal compass
- Ritchie 6" compass
- Stereo & CD w/salon & cockpit speakers
- DVD player
- (1) Group 27 engine start battery
- (2) 4D Glassmat prevailer house batteries (NEW Oct 2011)
- Newmar Smart Charger, 40 amp battery charger
- Ample Power Energy Monitor II
- TV/phone inlets
- (2) Marinco 30 amp dockside cables
- BC Fire extinguishing system
- 16000 BTU Marine Air Split System
- (3) Bilge pumps-(2) Automatic, (1) Manual
- Bilge Buster Ozone Generator
- Manual head w/ Y-Valve and holding tank
- 3 Blade Max Prop
- PSS Dripless shaft seal
- Racor fuel filters
- Engine intake and galley sink thru hulls replaced 2010
Deck & Cockpit
- (2) Anchors - (1) CQR, (1) Danforth
- Bimini & Dodger
- Bimini/Dodger connector
- Bimini bra
- Avon 6 man Liferaft (needs re-certification)
- 15 HP Yamaha OB motor
- Nova OB motor lift
- Edson OB motor mount
- Lifesling system
- 1 SOSpender life jacket
- (4) Life jackets
- (4) Polished S/S Dorades
- High gain radar reflector
- S/S Handrails
- Aft Sunshade
- Cockpit table
- Cockpit Linebags
- Cockpit Cushions
- Companionway cover & screen
- Teak cockpit grate
- (6) Fixed ports
- (6) S/S Opening ports w/ screens
- (5) Screened overhead hatches
- (2) Deck prisms
- Boat hook
- Foredeck light
- Flag & staff
- Fenders & lines
- Swim/boarding ladder
Sails & Rigging
- 1996 Mainsail
- Genoa on Schaefer 3000 furler
- Original Genoa & Staysail
- Dutchman Sail System on Main
- Staysail Bag
- Sails are in good serviceable condition
- (3) regular winches, (4) self-tailing
- Barlow 27 ST primaries
- Harken Mainsheet traveler (2009)
- Windex @ Masthead
- Aluminum deck-stepped mast
Brokers Comments / Additional Features
"Eagles Wings" was lightly used for her first three seasons in Annapolis then left on the hard for a season at which time (1990) She was purchased by her current owner. Being thoroughly "dry" at that time her bottom was epoxied (preventative maintenance) and she has been blister free since. Her owner has kept her in exceptional condition without regard to expense or effort. We look forward to introducing "Eagles Wings" to you! "Eagles Wings" has her private 56' slip at Longboat Key Moorings for sale, ($225,000) should her purchaser be interested.
- Complete manuals for all systems are on board.
Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of the sale. The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.