For a true bluewater passage experience in which you can enjoy superior performance while having the comfort of knowing you will safely reach your destination have a look at the Outbound 46. This boat allows you great flexibility…maybe you just want to island hop or you are faced with shortening your passage due to unforeseen weather or you find yourself facing a sudden unexpected need to maneuver rough seas.
Whatever the situation the Outbound 46 will get you there in safety and comfort. You’ll find the cockpit dry and comfortable with great visibility. Whether you’re new to the lifestyle or if you are an "old salt" you’ll find the forgiving motion of the Outbound 46 ensures an enjoyable passage.
>> Watch the video on the Outbound 46
Some of Her Better Features:
- Solid 100% hand-laid fiberglass hull: still the preferred choice of serious cruisers
- Lines by renowned racing yacht designer, Carl Schumacher: weather beating performance and superior handling
- Moderate displacement: dampened motion and offshore comfort
- High Righting Moment: upwind performance
- Large tanks centered over the keel: 200 gallons water, 200 gallons fuel
- Long fin keel molded with the hull: no keel bolts, deep bilge sump
- Semi-raised salon: airy, family room style interior
- Large, deep, and narrow cockpit: comfort and offshore safety
- Short companionway: safe movement to and from the cabin
- Watertight bulkhead 7 feet from bow: collision safety
- Double Headstay Rig: BOC inspired for safety, performance, and versatility
- Large Foredeck sail/stowage locker: keep wet gear away from living spaces
- Dedicated liferaft locker: easy deployment, out of the way, off the deck
- Large stowage capacity: All gear stowed safely in its place
- Ventilation:4 large dorades, solar vent, 10 opening ports, 8 deck hatches
- LOA: 44’9”
- LWL: 40’3”
- Beam: 13’6”
- Draft: 6’6”/5’6”
- Displacement: 28,000 lbs.
- Ballast: 10,000 lbs.
- Bridge Clearance: 64’
- Water Capacity: 200 gallons
- Fuel Capacity: 200 gallons
- 4JH4-TE 75HP Yanmar Freshwater Cooled Turbo Diesel
There are various options available with the Outbound 46…Chart Table can be starboard or port, the Dining Table can be fixed or drop down, and the Master Stateroom Berth can be Pullman or Centerline. S
Outbounds unique semi-raised salon eliminates the dark cave feeling you have on most sailboats without losing the close interaction of the cockpit, galley, and salon ... giving the interior of the Outbound a "family room" feel that is lost on many of the deck salons we are seeing today. Raising the house a few inches provides plenty of natural light below, space for over 350 gallons of tank capacity in the middle of the boat, and a safe three step companionway.
The port side of the standard interior includes a full size forward facing chart table, U-shaped galley with Corian counters, and a large dinette. Aft to starboard is a large quarter cabin that includes a 48" wide double berth with spacious headroom. Just forward of the head is a large settee that has been widened to feel more like your favorite couch than a traditional yacht settee. The settee and outboard side of the dinette make excellent sea berths.
A large shower doubles as a wet locker located just steps from the companionway. Heads are molded fiberglass for easy cleaning, with Corian counters.
Forward of the mast is the owners stateroom, with either a pullman berth or a centerline double berth for the ultimate in comfort while at anchor or at the dock. A second head, hanging locker, seat, and storage lockers complete the cabin.
The engine is located under the hinged companionway for easy maintenance. Access to a generator, refrigeration, steering, and other machinery is available either through the cockpit hatch or from inside the cabin.
Download the Outbound 46 Brochure.